Hi. I'm Scott.
I'm a broadcaster, data journalist and multimedia storyteller.
A photographer and a programmer.
I combine text, code, photos and video to create rich, indepth stories.
Click the blue timeline boxes above to see what I've been up to.
- Helped manage news section of the Gateway, student newspaper for the U of A with 13,000 circulation
- Assigned, wrote and edited news stories and features, while managing volunteer reporting pool
- Duties also included design and layout of the news section
News Editor/Web Editor
- Created the line-up for the station's newscasts. Combining stories from many sources in to a single seamless newscast.
- Also worked as news web editor. Responsible for updating station site, posting new stories and adding multimedia.
Digital News Intern
The Globe and Mail
- Focused on providing additional web content to compliment both print and online-only stories and features
- Worked with many different mediums: photo, video, audio and interactive elements (timelines, liveblogs)
CBC News Edmonton
- Pitched and investigated stories, packaged pieces and went to air with them
- Produced high quality, compelling stories under tight time deadlines
- Developed sense of what audiences expect and what draws their attention to a story
Memorial for four Filipinos killed in crash
aired March 12, 2012 on World Report, CBC Radio
Questions remain after condo fire in south Edmonton
aired Jan 20, 2012 on CBC Radio Edmonton
Remembrance Day ceremonies in Edmonton
aired Nov 11, 2011 on CBC Radio Edmonton
Mom with MS reunited with her daughters
aired April 1, 2012 on CBC Radio Edmonton
CBC News Edmonton
- Publishing online stories, including breaking news, features and investigative pieces
- Crafting rich multimedia stories, combining photo, audio, video and interactive elements
- Using social media both as a reporting tool to publish news and to drive readers to online stories
University of Alberta
- Major in Psychology, Minor in Creative Writing.
- Graduated with Honours
Bachelor's of Journalism
University of King's College
- Specialised in online journalism, radio broadcast and documentary production